Of course not. It’s a claim of discrimination. Which falls under civil rights causes of action. It has nothing to do with criminal responsibility. ‘Gender identity’ is not a criminal defense like “self-defense” or “insanity.” It is an assertion of discrimination based on the possession of certain traits (i.e., race, sex, class, gender identity). We want to limit the class of people who can assert a claim of ‘gender identity’ discrimination to people who are on the path to trans-itioning.
- What is a TERF? Or Sex Segregated Spaces: Where and Why
- Direct replacement of ‘sex’ with ‘gender’ in U.S. passport and Social Security policies
- Social Determinism Versus the Essentialism of “Cis Privilege” Theory
- SSCAB/DSCAB: Reframing the Conversation
- Restatement of political position on “gender identity” laws in the USA